Saturday, June 8, 2013

Creative Photography & Realistic Photo Collages - Montreal portrait photo studio Hera Bell

When I observe the Master's photography, throughout ages, they all had a very big common quality that they shared. They knew their craft well. Technically they created for their era flawless images. But what made them stand out of the crowd was their creative eye.

The gear even though might be maybe %25 of the game starter in photography, without the technical know how which for me represents the other %25 of what an iconic photo carries. I find that the big %50 goes to the photographer's creative eye and mind.

Film or digital. This hasn't changed. An old era Pinhole camera or an  ultra mega pro digital camera in the hand's of the masters becomes a mere  tool to achieve their vision.

I do not need to name the masters I admire. You can surf to your own leisure and discover their works, and analyze the creativity in their body of work which I am talking about. .(old masters of photography)

We can't invent what is out there which is already there. We can get inspired by them. Or like many, use the net (Pinterest, Google Images etc etc) to emulate as is some photographic concepts and compositions already done by others.

Today I have a family portrait  session. My clients are a young couple with a 9 months old baby boy. I haven't spent my time surfing the net to find and see what I will create with them. When they arrive to my studio, they will inspire me, the baby boy's actions will determine the final compositions. In other words each client is unique. Their looks, clothing and energy are unique. Yes I direct everyone. I am a detail freak. I seek the bring out the beauty in every subject.

Yes, my work has been described sometimes as edgy. In the last past years, I am heavily involved in my fine art portrait stuff creating collages. They are quite realistic. I like them that way. I create realistic fantasies. My clients do not suffer through weather conditions. I take them digitally to spaces that they have always desired to get photographed professionally. Everyone has a digital camera now of days. Including my clients. Have you ever wondered why they still would pay to get photographed?

Some of you know that recently my husband and I spent 2 wonderful weeks in Barcelona Spain. I came back with some awesome location shots. Slowly I am adding digitally my muses to these locations. The hardest part photographing these location were not the have any tourists in them to spoil the location's beauty. They are inundated with tourists. Controlling the mixed low lighting was the easy part of the entire exercise. Remember, no flash no tripod.

I have always admired  Antoni Gaudi . He was way ahead of his time 100 years ago as an architect. The photo below was shot recently at one of his apartments La Pedrera .


 
 
 
Few years ago the burlesque diva Scarlett James was shot in my studio. Voila, the final result.
 
 
In  desaturated and in B&W version. With  my own vision, this spectacular space needed a beauty.