Monday, June 17, 2013

Styling Your Glamour-Boudoir Photo Sessions- Montreal Portrait Studio Hera Bell

The year was 1998... We are talking about black & white negative era... I had just entered the world of photography May of 1997.

Stephanie & Frank contacted me. They wanted to have a sexy photo session with me. We did not call back then this type of photography "boudoir"... I was calling it "glamour make overs"... They were sexy make-overs. We are not talking about just a fashion shoot with glam.

I have always thought that styling makes your photos stand out. The choice of clothing, make-up, hair, compositions, the selective lighting can create timeless images.

I have singed rights to the shots. Voila, the same couple, photographed by me during the same session in our home's basement in 1998... Negatives were scanned in 1999 by Nikon Coolscan scanner . You can see the beautiful fine grain of Kodak TriX 400 ISO. I would re-scan them one day. To bring out the details in my blacks. But this shows how I did scan etc... It needs improvement.

The same beautiful blond. One with her own hair, one with a wig... Styling can transform a person.

The black wig shot is called... "My Beautiful Doll"... You conclude what it means. :)