Thursday, September 19, 2013

Topic Of The Day. Quebec Charter Changes Montreal Portrait Photographer Hera Bell


This morning I was digging out some old CD's.. I came across to some images which brought back fantastic memories. Pictures tend to do this.

In January 2008 Bernard and Marina were in my studio. Bernard had just returned from a contract in an Arab country for a TV station. He had asked me what I would like to have from the country. I said, burka... Afghani burkas are colorful. Saudi burkas are totally black.

The next thing, husband and wife were posing for me in my old downtown studio with my gift.

I have always imagined creating a photo about extremeness of women in both societies. Western versus Middle East. Being born as a Christian in a secular Muslim city like Istanbul I had never felt what's going on in the world now. I hear Turkey is changing as well.


I also had traveled for business as a woman to several Arab countries. I have seen and experienced all cultures. I learnt to respect other cultures yet I have always kept my own believes.

The first shot is called: The Portrait Of Newly Weds.
Go ahead and analyze it.



 The second one is called "Her Alter Ego Behind Closed Doors" Both of the woman in the shot is Marina.