Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Special Glamour Make Over Session With The Italian Actress Playright Michaela Di Cesare by Montreal Portrait Photographer Hera Bell

 
My photography has been a journey for each of my subjects.
A moment of reflection in our chaotic life and finding that stillness within.
 





Michaela Di Cesare  will open her play In Search of Mrs. Pirandello  at Centaur Theatre's WildSide Festival 2016. There will be only 5 performances. Go and see. You will not regret.

I first met beautiful talented Miki September 16 2013 for a special photo project with Montreal Italian actors and comedians. And yes I call her by that name, just because I can...

Here are some results from that session...




 Yes this was our first connection together.

We stayed in touch. Often we run into each other at plays. Shared a glass of wine and discussed theatre.

Then I got a message from her in February 2015 wanting to book with me a glamour make over session for their upcoming wedding anniversary. Due to busy schedules we ended up doing our session in April 2015. The session was going to become a birthday gift to her hubby.

We discussed the art direction only between emails. Her and her husband love to travel. She wanted me to represent during our session the countries they have traveled. A very tall order for me.

This is what I received from her:

" Hi Hera,

I think it's about time I sent you all the destinations/themes I would like to try to capture. I'm just going to write down words and images that come to mind

Where we've been
Cuba: a dark cave with bats
New York: williamsburg, cafes, broadway, art, spotlight
Turkey: mosque, harem, Sanli Urfa, Capadoccia, magic, 1001 Nights, scarves, lights
Mexico: Baja California, Hotel California, Water,
West Coast St Lucia: Caribbean, coconuts, mango, paradise, salt
Rome: eternal, spanish steps, trevi fountain
Sicily: limes, heat, ruins, lazy, sensual, yellow and green Thailand: gold, buddha, richness, turquoise, beauty

Where we're going He is dreaming of Africa...Madagascar...but also many other places so this could be ambiguous. Or maybe with a globe?

And maybe one image that represents home? That could be a nice romantic idea.."

I was getting a bit nervous. April 8th 2015 quickly arrived. I told to myself, go with what she brought as dresses, props and take it from there.

Here are some results from that day. We both had fun creating these images. I did her make-up, hair, styled each shot what she had brought and what I had in the studio. The backgrounds are all my own travel photography.

She loved the experience. She has now caught the bug of getting photographed by me.. That makes me very happy.

THAILAND

24 karat gold leaves...
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
TURKEY
 
Memoires from a harem... Boots are from Turkey. Embroidered leather. Many more beautiful shots with the boots, but they will stay private.
 
 
 
CUBA
 
The nightmare with the bats at the hotel room.
 
 
 
ROME
 

 
 
SIENNA
 
 
 
FRANCE Paris
 
At The Opera House
 


MIKI THE TRAVELER



 
 
MIKI THE PRINCESS
 
 



MIKI THE TALENTED ITALIAN BEAUTY
 
The wife, the lover
 
 

Today I will see her play at Centaur theatre. It is the opening... I wish her all the best.